Basing on some circular saw reviews, it is quite difficult to choose the best circular saw for your needs. As it is simply the most widely used kind of saw in carpentry especially in making cabinets, it is important that you choose accordingly in order to make the most out of its purposes.
Circular saw reviews serves as a guide as to what you should look for in a circular saw. To start the ball rolling, here are a few tips when shopping for one:
1. Identify what kind you want. Basically,there are two types that you can choose from: the pendulum guard circular saws and the plunge cut saws. Both have its own advantages and disadvantages in terms of operation, safety, maintenance, and cost so you should definitely make a decision as to what you are going to choose between the two.
2. Look for key features. It is important that you know about these three features so that you can easily use your saw:
Depths adjustment which covers front pivot depth, rear pivot, and parallel guide adjustments.
Blade change mechanism
Mastering the uses of these features will let you use your saw with ease and work a little faster.
1. Safety features. Ultimately, this should be the breaking point when comparing circular saws. Are there blade guards, riving knife, and blade break? More than acquiring the best saw because of its functionality, you should prioritize your safety when using one. T wouldn’t hurt to choose something that works well and at the same time lets you handle it without the fear of being endangered. It is a power tool after all so you should be protected against any anger brought about by it.
2. Know your blades and accessories. The best saw is useless without good blades. Blades come in various sizes and shapes according to what kind of cut it is intended for. Usually it depends according to what material you are about to cut. Your choices are mostly those which can cut through plastics, soft woods, soft metals, floorings, and even tough woods and metals. This is important to note because you would surely want to have clean cuts through your materials right? The right number of tooth in the blade makes a big difference if you want either a rough or finer cut.
3. Manufacturer and prices. Typically, you should set a price range for your budget. These saws can be cheap or expensive depending on the type so you should be prepared. You should also consider to buy from a reputable manufacturer as it makes a great difference in the quality of the products.
When you are going to shop for a new circular saw, be sure to read bout these things from a number of circular saw reviews. You must do a thorough comparison from different types and brands and, if possible, try it out before buying. It will do you good if you do your research well and avoid having to choose the wrong kind of saw.